this company took a 2001 dodge 2500 p u and they are telling us they sold it at auction for only $1400 and that we still owe them over $4000.the person I spoke with said that was all the auction could get out of it---have they never heard of a reserve?????

these people are supposed to be in business to make money and they did not put a reserve on it? bad business move even this tough economy. I spoke to thier recovery mgr.

and he hung up on me when we disagreed.I was able to tell him that he could do what he wanted, get in line.

Had an Experience with United Acceptance?

Comments

What you do not understand is that the law requires lenders to use a mass method of liquidation (auctions) to sell repossessed vehicles.You cannot private sell the vehicles and collect deficiency balances.

Ebay has reserves, auto auctions do not! You had an 8 year old gas guzzler and it went to auction and the lender got the typical bid. I consider it generous. It is not untypical for a person to be upset about the deficiency they created by not paying for their vehicle on time.

I usually tell clients to use that common sense and apply it to their bills prior to repossession.:cry

Starkville, Mississippi, United States #774238

MY HUSBAND PURCHASE A VEHICLE FOR ME ON OUR ANNIVERSARY 02/14/2012 FROM A BUY HERE PAY HERE.I WENT IN ONE AFTERNOON TO MAKE A PAYMENT AND THE LADY TOLD ME THEY SOLD A LOT OF THEIR ACCOUNTS TO UNITED ACCEPTANCE AND OUR WERE ONE OF THEM BECAUSE WE ON TIME PAYING CUSTOMERS.

I THOUGHT WELL THAT IS GREAT. WE ARE LIKE $922 BEHIND NOW SHE ASK IF I COULD COME UP WITH $300 OF THAT. I SAID I WILL HAVE TO SEE WHEN MY HUSBAND CALLS. NOW AFTER GETTING AN EMAIL FROM SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW THAT DEALT WITH THIS LOAN COMPANY BEFORE STATED BE CAREFUL SO I GOOGLE AND I'M SEEING BAD THINGS.

I HOPE THAT MY ARRANGEMENT HOLDS UP AND THAT THEY DON'T REPO ME.CAN YOU ARE ANYONE HELP ME?

well i say we all start talking to the BBB and file complaints on the people

To the call center manager...

Stop going around posting your *** little message for people to read.Everyone that deals with you knows your a scam.

The people you have working for you are ignorant pieces of *** that you picked up in Atlanta. Please go try to suck one of their dicks and shut up. United Acceptance is garbage. They always have been.

One of these days the better business bureau will get involved and United Acceptance will be just another company with a major downfall. Here is a business tip. If you want to have an effective call center and want people to work with you... WORK WITH YOUR CUSTOMER!

You harass people all the time even if they are not late you want them to post date a check. Stop being a bunch of ***. 10% of the current U.S. population is unemployed..

GET THE PICTURE?

Get some decent people to work in there, not some ghetto *** wannabes who are probably smoking pot in the bathroom, drinking 40s with the bosses and gang banging "hoes" in the alley behind the building.Dumb ***.

Elsloo, Limburg, Netherlands #66921

United Acceptance, Inc strives to help the customers that have loans in our office.At times when we are unable to assist a customer, we find it necessary to reposess the vehicle.

Based on specific state statues, we are required to dispose of the vehilce in specific manner. Most of the time we have to sell the vehicle at a public auction which causes the purchase price of the vehicle to be far lower than the retail value. United Acceptance, Inc loses whenever a reposession occurs. Repossession of a customers vehicle is this economy is truly as a last resort.

We were able to research this customers complaint based on the details on their account and United Acceptance, Inc worked with this customer for quite sometime to resolve the matter equitablly to no avail.We welcome this customer to contact us at 1-888-951-9762 ext 1809 to further discuss this complaint.

to Call Center Manager #812823

Really!! You didn't try hard enough to help the customer, Please maybe if more intellectual people were hired on and knew the business, the customer would still have their cars. was the name of your company ever called TRANSOUTH FINANCIAL.Hmmm sounds about right, did the same thing your doing